- For MA programs, with financial aid: February 1, 2021 (23:59 Central European Time)
- For self-financing applicants who are citizens of countries outside the EU/EAA and require a study visa: March 15, 2021 (23:59 Central European Time)
- For self-financing applicants from EU/EAA countries: August 16, 2021 (23:59 Central European Time)
How to apply?
Who can apply?
You need to have a minimum three-year BA degree in any field related to cultural heritage, such as history, art history and management, archaeology, ethnography, anthropology, architecture, landscape design, monument protection, environmental science, and management studies.
- Prepare your academic records to submit with your application.
- Make sure you have your required proof of English proficiency.
- Find two recommenders (your former professors, supervisors, employers, etc.). Ask them to write a letter of recommendation for you. You will provide their contact in the online application form and the system will send them a request to upload the letters.
- Fill in the Language Skill Form.
- Prepare your professional CV in any standard format.
- Write a 1500-word project proposal (with an additional brief bibliography). Before that, read the guidelines we have prepared for you.
- Check the CEU Application Information Site, to make sure that everything is clear.
- Complete the online application form, upload all the documents you have prepared.
- Students who are interested in applying for CEU Financial Aid must complete the Financial Aid section of the CEU online application form, indicating the type of Financial Aid desired.
- You may apply to two departments simultaneously and to any number of degree programs within each department. Cultural Heritage Studies and Policy is also open as a research focus group for students of the 1 year and 2 year MA programs in Medieval Studies.
In all circumstances, you can apply to CEU with confidence and look forward to studying for a master's or doctoral degree in a welcoming and world-class academic community!
If you have any questions about CEU, the Cultural Heritage Studies Program, and the process, ask Maryam, our student and your very own Unibuddy. Read the blogposts by the Unibuddies too to learn about life at CEU.